What’s your self-talk that tells you, “I can’t have it because…”
It could be a variation of one of these.
- I can’t have it because I’ve made too many mistakes…
- I can’t have it because I don’t have the time
- I can’t have it because I don’t have the money
- I can’t have it because I didn’t graduate from college…
- I can’t have it because my parents didn’t have any money…
- I can’t have it because I don’t live in the right neighborhood…
- I can’t have it because I’m too old…
- I can’t have it because I can’t afford it…
And you know what?
You always make yourself right.
If you believe you can’t have it because you’re too old, you’ll find ways that prove you’re too old.
If you tell yourself you can’t have it because you can’t afford it, you’ll never be able to afford it.
If you believe you can’t have it because you’ve made too many mistakes, you’ll keep beating yourself up forever.
Here’s Why This Is So Important
When you don’t get rid of your head trash around money, you’re going to experience symptoms like…
- Always chasing the next fad, gimmick, or “trick of the month”…
- Waiting for everything to be “perfect” before taking ACTION…
- Not finishing what you start…
- Not experiencing the income, influence or impact you desire
Now there are basically four vehicles most people use to build wealth. They are…
1. Your retirement account
2. Real estate
3. Investments (stocks, bonds, precious metals, etc.)
4. Your own business
But if you don’t get rid of your head trash around money, it doesn’t matter which vehicle you use…
Because you’ll be driving down the road of life with one foot on the brake.
When You Eliminate This Money Mistake
I want you to picture yourself…
- Not having to worry about keeping up with the latest “fad” or “marketing gimmick”
- Not feeling overwhelmed, stressed out, like you’re always falling behind
- Having the confidence and self-belief you need to succeed
- Recapturing that belief in yourself and your ability to get results
All of this and more is possible, when you get rid of your head trash around money. Isn’t that amazing?
I’m sure most of us can relate to having some rubbish in our heads when we’re starting something new, inherited inner beliefs that tell us things like…
“I can’t do it”
“This will never work”
“Sure, it worked for others but it won’t work for me”
Are you starting to see how having this kind of rubbish thinking around money will keep you stuck and broke?
And how getting rid of your head trash around money can set you free?
Here’s Where to Start
- Write down three negative beliefs you have about money. Now you may have more than three negative beliefs about money (in fact, I’ve identified more than 75 negative beliefs about money that my clients have shared with me). But start with just your top three.
- List all the ways that belief is holding you back from making more money.
- Decide that you’re going to rid of your rubbish thinking around money.
After doing this exercise, you may find that your head trash around money is costing you a lot more than you think.
That’s one reason that simply deciding, today, right now, that you are going to get rid of your head trash around money, will be one of the most important things you can do for yourself, your loved ones, and your legacy.
And if you want to go deeper and discover beliefs you didn’t even know you had and clear them, then please get in touch to schedule a consultation. I’ve had great success in changing how people think about how much money they can charge for their services, how much money they can attract, save, have. I love this work, it transforms lives.